Recipe: Sweet Potato Curry
We love to see our stoves out and about in the wild - particularly when they're being used to create gastronomic delights. This little beauty was shared with us on Instagram by @thorpecthorpe and we can't wait to try it out.
If you're cooking up a storm on an Anevay Stove, ping us over your recipes and pictures and we'll share with our 'stove top cooking' community.
2 sweet potatoes
olive oil or ghee for frying
1 bulb garlic
1 tsp turmeric
2 tsp coriander
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 tin chick peas
1 tin tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tin coconut milk
large bunch of spinach
small bunch of coriander
1. Peel, dice, and boil the sweet potato until a knife penetrates easily. Drain and keep to one side - if you are cooking rice, use the potato water!
2. Shallow fry the onions and dry spices in the oil for a few minutes, until the onion is soft.
3. Add the garlic for a few extra minutes.
4. Add the drained chickpeas, combine and fry for a minute or two - don't let the garlic burn!
5. Add the tomatoes, and tomato puree, heat for 5 minutes to take away the bitterness.
6. Add the coconut milk and cooked sweet potato.
7. Let the curry cook down to preferred thickness, then add the spinach, and half the chopped coriander.
8. Serve with rice or roti or naan
Leave a comment